[NAMM] Lauten Audio FC-387 Atlantis
At the 2012 Winter NAMM show, Lauten announced the FC-387 "Atlantis" model, a solid-state large-diaphragm condenser.
The Atlantis microphone features multiple switches for three different polar patterns, gain, and specific timbre settings. Multiple switches located on each side and back of the FC-387 Atlantis microphone allow the engineer to configure it. First is a polar pattern switch giving recordists the option of choosing between Cardioid, Omnidirectional or Figure-8 polar patterns. Borrowing the gain options from its sibling the Lauten Audio Clarion FC-357 microphone, the Atlantis features a -10db and +10dB switch.
Technical Specifications for Atlantis FC-387:
- Type: 31.25mm dual large diaphragm pressure gradient transducer microphone
- Polar Patterns: Omnidirectional, Cardioid and Figure-8 selectable
- Circuit: solid-state FET
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20Khz
- Dynamic Range: 120dB minimum
- Impedance: < 200 ohms
- Max. SPL: 0.5%THD@1000Hz: 130dB
- Self-noise Level: < 12dB(A)
- Sensitivity: 16mV/Pa OR -36±2dB 0dB=1V/Pa 1000Hz
- Special Features:
3-way -10 dB attenuation, 0dB and +10dB gain switch
3-way Gentle, Neutral, Forward voicing switch
3-way Polar pattern switch
- Connector: 3-Pin standard XLR
- Power Requirement: +48V phantom power
Pricing & Availability:
The Atlantis FC-387 microphone retails for $1599. US and will be available in Q2 of 2012. For more information visit www.lautenaudio.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Korg MR-2000S-BK Korg’s MR-2000S-BK archival mastering recorder offers a 160GB hard drive in a single-rackspace unit featuring a black studio finish.
- [NAMM] Gemini SR Series Gemini introduced their new line of active studio reference monitors, the SR series.
- [NAMM] Genelec 8240A Genelec exhibited its 8240A Bi-Amplified DSP Monitoring System at the NAMM show