Neumann TLM 103

« Okay but look around »

Publié le 10/31/17 à 16:33
Value For Money : Correct
Audience: Anyone
I borrowed a pair of these to record an acoustic piano at my studio. They looked great, nice and light and easy to place.
There seemed to be something missing at the top end. Sure you can eq to hell and back but I like my source sound to be awesome. After many adjustments and a bit of eq I still couldn't get that top end without it sounding muddy. I even tried just using one in case of P.C. But nope. That flat spot was still there.
In the end I used my pair of NT2's. The difference was incredible.
I'm sure the name will sell many and maybe I'm just too pedantic. I love my Rodes even more now.
Sorry Neumann, doesn't do it for me.