Shure Incorporated announced the new KSM42.
With a tailored frequency response and internal and external pop filtering, the single-pattern, dual-diaphragm design of the KSM42 is designed to exhibit a dynamic range and smooth proximity control for studio applications.
Unique features of the KSM42 include:
- Highly consistent cardioid polar pattern creating a broad “sweet spot” and natural off-axis response for superior sound quality
- Dual-diaphragm design with an active front, ultra thin, 2.5 micron, 24-karat gold, low mass, one-inch Mylar® diaphragm Integrated three-stage mesh grille, which guards against wind and breath noise.
- Open cage ShureLock® rubber suspension shock mount with low-profile magnetic pop filter, producing a natural space between the performer and his or her microphone
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Internal shock mount to reduce unwanted handling and stand noise
Pricing and Availability
KSM42 $999 retail [$1,249 MSRP]
The KSM42 microphone will be available in July, carry a two-year limited warranty, and can be purchased at select retail partners.
Check www.shure.com for a complete list of Authorized Dealers.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.