[Musikmesse] AKG Perception 820 Tube
AKG has unveiled the new tube mic it presents as its "new flagship" at Musikmesse.
- Two back-to-back one-inch large diaphragms featuring True Condenser Technology
- An ECC 83 dual-triode tube circuitry emphasizes even-order harmonics for rich, smooth and three-dimensional sound
- The remote control unit allows selection of 9 different pickup patterns from omnidirectional to cardioid to figure 8
- The switchable bass cut filter (80 Hz, 12 dB/oct) reduces unwanted rumble or footfall noise
- A 20 dB allenuation pad enables for high SPL applications up to 155 dB
- Brush-finished, anodized Aluminium front plate and all-metal housing for maximum shielding
- A ground lift switch is designed to prevent unwanted hum if necessary
- Designed and engineered in Vienna, Austria
No pricing & availability info yet, but it's supposed to be "affordable".
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] Neumann KMS 104 Plus Neumann has introduced the new "Plus" version of its KMS 104 mic.
- [Musikmesse] Redesigned AKG C 3000 AKG has unveiled the new version of its famous C 3000.
- [Musikmesse] Denon DN-X1700 The DN-X1700 is a four-channel tabletop mixer with rubberised knobs, 60mm Alps K Series channel faders, 45mm FLEX cross fader, a color LCD display, extended 24-point LED channel and output metering, and LED ring metering around the control knobs.