[Musikmesse] Plexi 18 Hot Rod
The big German music mess is an opportunity to show off, and Audio Amp Co. did so by showcasing its Plexi 18 Hot Rod.
The amp has the following features:
- Circuit: original British circuit from '65 with improvements
- Rectifier: EZ 81
- Power Amp: EL 84, Class A push-pull, 18W
- Bias Circuit: cathode bias
- Driver/PI-Stage: 12AX7
- 2nd Gain Stage: 12AX7
- 1st Gain Stage: 12AX7
- Controls: Bass, Middle, Treble, Volume, Tone, Volume
- Inputs: 2nd Volume Hi, Lo
- Normal Volume Hi, Lo
- Output: two speaker outputs on jack
- Output Z: switchable 4/8/16 ohms
- Features: aluminium chassis, hand wired, point to point on turret board, tube retainers
It's available with the following options:
- speaker simulation on balanced XLR output
- Line Out
- High Bias / Lo Bias switch
- Plexi Boost
- Fat / Tight switch for both input stages
- 12" speaker
- available as Top or 1x12" Combo (65' Version)
- Covering and Grill
- Colour / Shape of Control knobs
- Custom voicing and tone shaping on request
- Head version is €1450€, combo 1x12 version is slightly more expensive at €1550.
Check out www.audioampco.com for more info.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] SPL Cabulator The Cabulator is a combination of "variable power soak, speaker cabinet simulator and D. I. box," according to SPL.
- [Musikmesse] Brunetti Mercury Box Brunetti has introduced its Mercury Box Distortion Pedal.
- [Musikmesse] Cedros Accessories Cedros is best known for its jewellery items, but they also seem to deal in various inlays and accessories for instruments.