Nordic Audio Labs launches the NU-47 microphone
Nordic Audio Labs introduces the NU-47 tube microphone, which is a clone of the Neumann U47 with modern components.
The Nordic Audio Labs NU-47 microphone retains the Neumann U47 concept in order to obtain the same sound characteristics, but the manufacturer uses modern components. The only differences are the self noise level which has been lowered and the addition of a switch for choosing between cardioid and figure 8 polar patterns.
- Tube microphone
- Frequency response: 35Hz - 17kHz
- Sensitivity: 29.2mV/Pa
- Self noise level: 12.4dB (A)
- Max SPL: 129dB
- Dimensions: 245 x 60mm
- Weight: 643g
- 230V or 120V AC power supply (50/60Hz), to be specified when ordering
All the NU-47 microphones are hand made and available in small quantities. The NU-47V model with metal vintage body, just like the original U47, is available for US $4500 (price announced on the www.nu47.com dedicated site but $3500 on the presentation PDF document).
Here is a presentation of the microphone by its creator, Martin Kantola, who compares it in the video with the U47 original mic:
Viewers of this article also read...
- Samson updates its Resolv series monitors Samson Technologies debuts the new generation of Resolv active monitors, with three SE5, SE6 and SE8 models.
- TC-Helicon Harmony Singer test More than half of the guitarists in this world sing. Based on this survey, TC-Helicon designed the Harmony Singer, a compact pedal with reverb and 2 voice harmonies based on guitar chords. This isn’t TC-Helicon first try, so what’s new?
- [Musikmesse] Eve Audio 4-way monitors Eve Audio introduced at Musikmesse two new SC407 and SC408 four-way active monitors.