FabFilter Pro-L Released
Following the Pro-C compressor and Pro-Q equalizer, FabFilter has expanded its line of professional mastering and mixing plug-ins with the introduction of FabFilter Pro-L: a limiter plug-in suitable for both mastering and mixing.
Pro-L delivers limiting algorithms, metering, linear-phase oversampling and dithering.
FabFilter Pro-L offers four limiting algorithms with their own distinct character. Some are designed to be as transparent as possible, while others may add a nice punch or flavor to your music. Together with the adjustable look-ahead, attack, release and separate channel link settings for both transients and release, the limiter can be fine-tuned to achieve both "maximum loudness and the highest possible transparency at the same time," according to FabFilter.
Different meter scales, including the three K-System scales (K-12, K-14 and K-20), will help you to get control over your levels. You can disable all metering if you want to judge the sound by ear only.
- Transparent sound combined with maximum loudness.
- Four sophisticated, carefully tuned limiting algorithms, all with their own unique character.
- Low CPU usage.
- Highly accurate output and gain reduction metering, with optional inter-sample peak detection.
- Various meter scale settings, including K-System support.
- Unique, highly informative real-time level display, showing input, output, gain change and RMS levels over time.
- Adjustable Look-ahead, Attack and Release settings to fine-tune the sound of the algorithms.
- Separate, freely adjustable channel linking for both the transient and release stages.
- Up to four times linear-phase oversampling to minimize aliasing and inter-sample peaks.
- Professional dithering with three different noise shaping algorithms.
- Easy to set up for common limiting situations with the included factory presets, conveniently divided into musical genres.
- Stereo and mono versions available.
- All the usual FabFilter features you've come to expect: perfectly fine-tuned knobs and controllers, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, sample accurate automation, SSE optimization.
Pricing & Availability
FabFilter Pro-L is now available for €169, $229 or £149, supporting both Windows and Mac OS X in VST and VST 3, RTAS and Audio Units plug-in formats. Bundles with FabFilter Pro-L and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available. See www.fabfilter.com/shop.
Existing FabFilter customers can purchase Pro-L with discounts by logging in to their online user account: www.fabfilter.com/myaccount.
System requirements for FabFilter Pro-L are either Windows 7, Vista, XP, SSE-capable processor, and a VST 2 or VST 3 host or Pro Tools, or Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or higher, Intel or PowerPC processor, and an Audio Units host, VST 2 or VST 3 host, or Pro Tools.
Viewers of this article also read...
- SuperMegaUltraGroovy Capo foriPhone & iPod SuperMegaUltraGroovy has released Capo for the iPhone and iPod touch, available now in the iTunes App Store.
- VRSonic VibeStudio LE VRSonic has released VibeStudio LE, a lite edition of the VibeStudio Designer 3D audio authoring suite.
- Apple iLife '11 (incl. GarageBand Upgrade) Apple has released iLife '11, a major upgrade that gives Mac users ways to create and share photos, movies and music.