Dean USA Announces The MHG Soltero Model
The new MHG Soltero is a deep carved mahogany body with a natural "open grain" finish.
Dean tells us that unlike the traditional mahogany bodies found on other classic designs, the MHG Soltero features acoustically optimized chambered bodies which are designed to reduce the overall weight of the instrument to less than 8 lbs, while maintaining the warm, well balanced tonal properties of a solid mahogany body.
The MHG Soltero sports the classic Dean "V" neck shape and 12" radius. It features a custom beveled single cutaway classic design with a hand sculpted heel, providing clean access to the upper frets.
The body features a tune-o-matic style bridge, Dean hardtail block tailpiece and two Dean USA Made Custom Shop Time Capsule humbuckers. They're controlled by two volume and two tone speed knobs, and a 3-way toggle switch.
The set neck is a classic "V" shape mahogany with a pearl block inlay adorned ebony fingerboard. The headstock is a 3 x 3 design with black Grover tuners, a gold Soltero logo and the classic Dean Wings logo.
As with the entire Soltero line, the MHG Soltero ships with a custom deluxe Dean hardshell case. It will list for $1949.00 and will be shipping in April.
Dean USA MHG Soltero Model at a glance:
- Overall: Chambered Mahogany Dean USA made, USA Custom Shop Pickups, estimated street price of $1299.00
- Body Style: Classic Soltero Single cutaway, open grain natural finish
- Neck: Mahogany with Ebony fingerboard, pearl block inlays, 3 x 3 headstock, jumbo frets
- Graphics: Natural finish, Soltero and Dean wings logo on headstock
- Black hardware, block & tune-o-matic style bridge, Dean USA Timecapsule® humbuckers, 2 volume and 2 tone speed knobs, 3-way toggle switch
MSRP: $1949 w/ hardshell case