Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio

LP-Shaped Guitar from Epiphone belonging to the Les Paul series.

belzeb belzeb
Publié le 06/05/08 à 07:08
Made in China
Coprs in "Mahogany", 22 frets, two humbucker pickups alnico classic three position
Type fixed bridge
2 volume buttons and 2 tone (one per mic)
Channel tuning fork relatively short (24.75) but not very thick domed (closer to the U as D)

The handle is a real pleasure. I'm used to handle Ibanez RG and it does not look like dutout that. The handle is short, not very wide, thick and rather flat. Normally I should not enjoy, but it's really nice. Especially since it's fair, which is unusual for an entry level guitar. Also, what is very significant for someone who will start with this guitar, the factory setting is good.

Access to acute is not great. The heel of the neck is rather annoying and the fine is only 22 boxes. So for budding shreders is not what is best.

It is a very light guitar, which is cool for those who like to play standing. The weight and price makes it the beautiful wood used to make me doubt it is true mahogany ... but it is a good guitar to € 250!

The small body and form are not perfect les paul to play sitting ...

Also, have a volume and tone by microphones is rather pleasant. We can prepare two different sounds by playing with the switch positions without having to fiddle with the knobs.

For the sound, alnico mircos are correct. The pickups in bridge distortion is not bad, relatively accurate, the harmonics come out very well. The pickups handle distortion is downright filthy ... ca drool, it's rough, short, ugly dutout! For clean sounds it's really not transcendental ... but hey, you can do with. The sound in general is rather dynamic in this price range. Afterwards, I had no opportunity to play in a group with, but I have a feeling that the sounds coming out of this guitar is pretty dug in the midrange, which will not get out of the mix group ... But hey, I'm looking for the little beast here!

I think this guitar is frankly typical metal: distortion sounds are quite nice and clear but the crunch is not beautiful. And frankly, the neck pickup is useless!

I do not own this guitar but I play a lot on that of a friend when I get the chance.
This is a good instrument for beginners, and the comfort of games makes it a good tool.

Frankly the sight of all the low end that I had the opportunity to test, this guitar is probably one of the best, even better than some schecter or ibanez are worth twice price.
Nikel finish is truly an instrument of this price.
And the look is, to my taste, really nice!

If one day I wanted to pay me a six string cheap and cheerful, I think I'll take that!