Gibson chooses Waddy Wachtel’s Les Paul
The Gibson Custom Shop chose the 1960 Les Paul Waddy Wachtel guitar for their new Collector’s Choice series.
This Collector’s Choice #14 reproduces the Les Paul guitar session player Waddy Wachtel (Warren Zevon, James Taylor, Rolling Stones, Linda Ronstadt) chose in 1968 from the Stephen Stills’ extensive collection of guitars, and then used on numerous tours and hits.
The Gibson Custom Shop recreated 300 copies of this 1960 Les Paul Waddy Wachtel Burst with the following specifications:
- Mahogany body
- Figured maple top
- Reissue cream binding
- Mahogany with maple spline set neck
- Indian rosewood fingerboard with 12” radius and trapezoid nitrocellulose inlays
- Nut width (bone): 1.700”
- Aged Schaller tuning machines, 12:01 ratio
- 2 Custom Bucker pickups
- 2 volume, 2 tone knobs, 3-way pickup switch
- Bumble Bee capacitors
- Gotoh Tune-O-Matic bridge and Bisgby B5 aluminum tailpiece/tremolo
- Nickel hardware
- Reissue cream pickguard
- Aged Waddy Wachtel Burst finish
- Ships with a Gibson Custom Shop hard shell with a certificate of authenticity and an extra switch plate
US MSRP of the guitar is $7332 and you’ll find all the details about it at www.gibson.com.
Gibson offers an exclusive video shot by producers of the upcoming movie about Jimi Hendrix, Jimi: All is by my side, in which Waddy Wachtel, who also played the guitar in the movie, talks about Hendrix, his original Les Paul and the Collector’s Choice #14. Thanks to Gibson for letting us show you this interview:
Viewers of this article also read...
- The Uni-Vibe in Micro format by Mooer The Uni-Vibe is definitely a must-have this year and Mooer did not miss the event with their Micro version of this legendary effect.
- Joe Satriani signs his first single coil pickup DiMarzio and Joe Satriani worked for two years on the first “Satch’s” Signature single coil pickup for guitar.
- Paul Masvidal signs a Pro Tone chorus pedal Pro Tone Pedals and Cynic guitar player Paul Masvidal recreated the chorus sound heard on Traced in Air and Focus albums.