The Gibson Custom Shop chose the 1960 Les Paul Waddy Wachtel guitar for their new Collector’s Choice series.
This Collector’s Choice #14 reproduces the Les Paul guitar session player Waddy Wachtel (Warren Zevon, James Taylor, Rolling Stones, Linda Ronstadt) chose in 1968 from the Stephen Stills’ extensive collection of guitars, and then used on numerous tours and hits.
The Gibson Custom Shop recreated 300 copies of this 1960 Les Paul Waddy Wachtel Burst with the following specifications:
- Mahogany body
- Figured maple top
- Reissue cream binding
- Mahogany with maple spline set neck
- Indian rosewood fingerboard with 12” radius and trapezoid nitrocellulose inlays
- Nut width (bone): 1.700”
- Aged Schaller tuning machines, 12:01 ratio
- 2 Custom Bucker pickups
- 2 volume, 2 tone knobs, 3-way pickup switch
- Bumble Bee capacitors
- Gotoh Tune-O-Matic bridge and Bisgby B5 aluminum tailpiece/tremolo
- Nickel hardware
- Reissue cream pickguard
- Aged Waddy Wachtel Burst finish
- Ships with a Gibson Custom Shop hard shell with a certificate of authenticity and an extra switch plate
US MSRP of the guitar is $7332 and you’ll find all the details about it at www.gibson.com.
Gibson offers an exclusive video shot by producers of the upcoming movie about Jimi Hendrix, Jimi: All is by my side, in which Waddy Wachtel, who also played the guitar in the movie, talks about Hendrix, his original Les Paul and the Collector’s Choice #14. Thanks to Gibson for letting us show you this interview:
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.