A 30th Collector’s Choice Les Paul by Gibson
If an anonymous owner from Texas hadn’t contacted Gibson in 2008, his 1959 Les Paul Gabby, with unique Burst finish, would have remained unknown.
The Gibson Custom Shop decided to reproduce this one-of-a-kind guitar in its Les Paul Collector’s Choice Series, but only 300 models will be built.
The specifications of the Collector’s Choice #30 1959 Les Paul “Gabby” are the following:
- Figured maple top
- Slightly hand-aged one-piece mahogany body
- Set-in mahogany neck, ’59 shape
- One-piece rosewood fingerboard with 12” radius, 22 frets and aged nitrocellulose trapeze inlays
- Nut width: 1.687”
- Scale length: 24.75”
- Reissue Kluson Green Keys tuners, 12:01 ratio
- 2 Custom Buckers Alnico III pickups
- 2 volume, 2 tone knobs, 3-way pickup selector
- Bumblebee capacitors
- Tune-O-Matic bridge and aluminum Stop Bar tailpiece
- Aged nickel hardware
- Vintage cream pickguard
- Strong Cherry “Appraisal Burst” finish on top aniline dye on the back and sides
- Factory strings: .010 - .046
- Ships in a hardshell with a certificate of authenticity
Pricing of this new collector Les Paul is $9,799. Visit www.gibson.com for full details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Source Audio unveils its new products Source Audio will introduce no less than 12 new products at NAMM 2015 this month, including stereo chorus and expression pedals.
- A review of the Electro Harmonix Deluxe Big Muff Pi For many guitarists, the first thing that comes to mind when they hear the term “fuzz box” is the Big Muff Pi from Electro-Harmonix. With the new Deluxe Big Muff Pi, the company has added some cool additional features to its classic fuzz pedal.
- AweSome Guitars launches a Telecaster AweSome Guitars is known for their multi-switch system for altering the sound of your guitars and basses, but they also build full-featured guitars.