The Gibson Custom Shop adds an eighth Les Paul guitar to its Collector's Choice collection, which is a 1959 'The Beast' model.
The fortunate owner of the original guitar recreated by the Gibson Custom Shop is Whitesnake’s Bernie Marsden, who lent his 1959 Les Paul numbered 9–1914 in order to create the Collector’s Choice #8 exact replica.
No less than 25 and no more than 300 guitars will be produced.
- 1-piece mahogany body
- Carved figured maple top
- Set-in mahogany neck with maple spline and rounded '50s shape
- 1-piece rosewood fingerboard with 12" radius and trapezoidal inlays
- Cream binding on top and fingerboard
- Nut width: 1.687"
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Kluson tuners with green tulip buttons (12:01 ratio)
- ABR-1 bridge and aluminum Stop bar tailpiece
- Cream pickguard
- Golden volume and tone knobs
- 2 BurstBucker #2 (neck) and BurstBucker #3 (bridge) humbucking pickups with Alnico V magnets
- 2 volume and 2 tone controls, 3-way pickup selector
- Nitrocellulose Dirty Lemon finish with Aniline Treat
- Custom Shop hardshell and Certificate of Authenticity included
MSRP: $11 291
More details about this Gibson Collector’s Choice #8 “The Beast” Les Paul on www.gibson.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.