Gibson/Epiphone introduced a new collection of models at NAMM 2012, starting with an Ace Frehley LP Custom.
The Ace Frehley “Budokan” Les Paul Custom is a recreation of the Custom model used by the Kiss guitarist at the Nippon Budokan concert in 1977, with a cherry burst finish and three Les Paul Custom pickups. The guitar was designed with the instrument’s current owner, Matt Swanson. It comes in two versions: aged and VOS.
- Mahogany & Maple 4-piece body
- 3-piece Mahogany neck
- 7 ply black/white binding (top), 5 ply (back) sur la table et 5 plis au dos
- Ebony Fingerboard, 22 frets, jumbo, 12" radius, white binding with Block mother-of-pearl inlays
- Nut Width: 1.690"
- Chromed Grover tuners with pearloid Banjo buttons
- ABR-1 bridge and Chromed stop bar tailpiece
- 3 DiMarzio PAF pickups, including 1 Super Distorsion (bridge position – ceramic magnets)
- 2 volume controls, 2 tone controls, modified three-way switchcraft
- Vintage Cherry nitrocellulose finish
- Certificate of authenticity in a Gibson Custom flightcase, with Ace Frehley’s signature
- Aged : $12 235
- VOS : $7 529
An Epiphone version is also available for $1 332.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.