The Gibson Custom Shop Eric Clapton 1960 Les Paul has been created with the personal cooperation of the artist.
The Eric Clapton 1960 Les Paul will be produced in restricted numbers: 55 guitars will be hand-aged by finishing expert Tom Murphy, and hand-signed by Clapton (with Clapton keeping the first 5 guitars). A further 95 guitars will be Murphy-aged, and 350 guitars will be finished with Gibson’s Vintage Original Spec (VOS) treatment. All 500 guitars will display striking characteristics of the artist’s original 1960 Les Paul Standard, including the subtly figured maple top with luscious Antiquity Burst finish, period-correct hardware (including Clapton’s own upgrade to Grover tuners), and two of Gibson’s finest reproduction PAF-style humbucking pickups.
- One-piece Mahogany back with carved maple top
- Thinner 'Clapton’ neck profile
- Rosewood fingerboard with acrylic pearloid trapezoid inlays
- Custom-made Custom Bucker pickups for accurate tone and performance
- Nickel-plated Grover kidney button tuners
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.