Gibson unveils the 2015 edition
Gibson will now announce each Fall the guitars and basses that will be available in 2015. Here’s what new for 2015.
Details of the 17 new Gibson guitars and bass are still to be communicated but the brand says that 2015 is the Year of Innovation.
First, the Min-Etune automatic tuning system is replaced with the G Force model, which is also developed by Tronical. It should allow for faster tuning and easier use. Gibson adds that the G Tronical will be standard on most of the 2015 models.
Then, the wood selection has been improved, with 10 grades for the top (from C to AAAA), four for the back (High, Low, Medium and Ultra Low/Clear), and three for the fingerboard (Light, Medium and Dark). The body contour will be either Flat, Slight, Classic or Enhanced.
That’s all for the new features (for now), we hope there will be more to say when Gibson posts the specifications of each model (any new pickup to come?).
Speaking of instruments, here’s the list of the 2015 series, along with the MSRP:
- Les Paul Junior Single Cut : $899
- Les Paul Special Double Cutaway with a second P-90 pickup and enhanced neck joint: $1099
- LPM : the Carved Top model for $1149
- Les Paul Studio with coil tap: $1229
- Les Paul Less Plus : a thinner back for extra confort: $2099
- Les Paul Classic : a more affordable Full Size model: $2279
- Les Paul Deluxe with a new mini humbucker design: de $2379 à $2529
- Les Paul Traditional : $2879
- Les Paul Standard with a compound radius fingerboard: $3759
- Les Paul Standard Premium Quilt with abalone and a quilted top: $4999
- Les Paul Supreme with a semi-hollow top, 2 F holes and 2 humbuckers: $6599
- SG Special with 24 frets : $1079
- SG Standard with compound radius: $1879
- Derek Trucks SG : made according to the artist’s specifications : $2399
- SG Standard Bass with short scale : $1679
- Thunderbird Bass with improved electronics and full contact bridge : $2599
- Firebird V with through-body-neck : $2099
More soon at www.gibson.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best brands for acoustic folk guitars Today is the turn to list the top brands for acoustic guitars. Indeed, after having done the same with electric guitars, we decided to let acoustic guitar players express their opinion.
- The top high-end hardware modeling amps for guitar After the war of the DAWs and electric guitars, now is the turn of high-end amp emulators! Once again we asked our French community to share with us their preferences regarding high-end amp emulators. We intentionally reduced the list to the most important and reputed options on the market.
- The top entry-level modeling combos for guitar Whether you're just starting out with the guitar or you're simply looking for an affordable and practical tool, modeling combos are an attractive alternative to amplify your instrument. All major brands have their own models and the offer is huge, so it's not easy to choose one! That's why we asked our French community to vote for their favorites and, as usual, we decided to share the results with you. Our selection includes popular models that are still available for sale. Don't hesitate adding to this list by contributing in the comments!