Gibson Releases Les Paul Signature "T"
Gibson has dubbed 2013 "Year of Les Paul," and as part of the celebration has released details on the new Les Paul Signature "T".
The Grade-AA figured maple top features a choice of Translucent Ebony, Alpine White Burst, Wine Red, or Vintage Sunburst finish, in high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer. Or select a classic Goldtop finish. The Les Paul Signature “T” is also available with optional Min-ETune automated “robot” tuning, which can be added to your guitar with no internal modification for a nominal upcharge. The Les Paul Signature “T” is available in a left-handed model, and you can opt for the Les Paul Signature “T” Gold Series, with gold-plated hardware.
The Les Paul Signature “T” features a carved solid Grade-AA figured maple top. A solid, quarter-sawn mahogany neck is glued in and carved in the 60s SlimTaper profile, and topped with a brown Grade-A Granadillo fingerboard with 22 medium-jumbo frets and traditional trapezoid inlays. Traditional touches include cream body and fingerboard binding, pickguard, and pickup rings, along with gold Speed Knobs and a black “bell” truss-rod cover with commemorative “T” engraving. Traditional specs include a 24 ¾” scale length, a 1 11/16” width across the PLEK-cut Corian nut, and a 12-inch fingerboard radius.
The Les Paul Signature “T” is loaded with a pair of Gibson’s ’57 Classic pickups, mounted “open coil”. Both are made in the image of the PAF humbucker of the late 1950s with Alnico II magnets in the neck position, and in the bridge position, the ’57 Classic Plus which features slightly over-wound coils. Both pickups are wax potted. Both pickups feature push-pull tone controls which provide coil splitting for single-coil tones. Included are a Tune-o-Matic bridge and Stopbar tailpiece, with a set of Grover locking tuners. Upgrade to the Les Paul Signature “T” Gold Series for the custom touch of gold-plated hardware, or select automated Min-ETuneTM “robot” tuners as a factory option on the standard edition.
- Mahogany body with carved, solid Grade-AA figured Maple
- Mahogany neck with a 60s SlimTaper profile
- Granadillo fingerboard with trapezoid inlays
- 57 Classic and '57 Classic Plus humbucking pickups in the neck and bridge
- Grover™ locking tuners or Min-ETune automated tuners
For more information: Gibson
Viewers of this article also read...
- PlexiTone & AC-Tone Single-Channel Versions Carl Martin introduces single-channel versions of its PlexiTone and AC-Tone pedals.
- Mesa Boogie Launches 4 New Effects Mesa/Boogie announced four new overdrive pedals: the Tone-Burst, Grid Slammer, Flux-Drive, and Throttle Box.
- Voodoo Lab Pedal Power Mondo Voodoo Lab announced that it is now shipping Pedal Power Mondo.