Gold Tone GME-6

All user reviews for the Gold Tone GME-6

1 user review
  • Gold Tone GME-6Publié le 09/29/11 à 18:07
    The Gold Tone GME-6 is a very unique instrument - it's a mini six string electric guitar that is very reminiscent of a mandolin. I don't own this instrument, but I'd like to in the very near future! I played it at a local guitar shop and was very impressed with it's sound. I don't know where this is made, but it's got a maple neck and fingerboard and has a single stacked humbucking pick up.

Playing the Gold Tone GME-6 was really fun! I don't have the biggest hands in the world, so as a guitar player it's great to feel like I do! I also play mandolin, but this is a different sound, although certainly reminiscent. It's very easy to play if you know how to play guitar, unless you've got huge hands, which then you might have a little more trouble with this, although it seems like the frets are bigger than a mandolin at least. It sounds good plugged in, but there's only a single pick up with tone and volume control.

I'm pretty much in love with the way the Gold Tone GME-6. In fairness, I don't have much of a frame of reference with this kind of mini six string electric guitar, as this is the only one of it's kind that I can remember using. While I've yet to have the chance to record with this, I'm definitely considering buying one to call my own. It's such a cool sound and would be great playing solo guitar and singing. I haven't used it with any effects, but I'm eager to experiment!

The Gold Tone GME-6 is an incredibly cool instrument, especially for fans of both electric guitar and mandolin, as it seems to land somewhere in the middle. Personally I'm excited to be able to pick up one of these for myself as I think it could open up some doors. The price is more than reasonable, and Gold Tone has a pretty strong reputation. If you're into unique stringed instruments, definitely check out the Gold Tone GME-6!