Create an account

or

Thread M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 Causes Win2K To Crash

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 0 follower
1 M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 Causes Win2K To Crash
Hi all,
I recently purchased an M-Audio KeystationPro 88. I'm using Windows 2000 SP2. Whenever I hook up the USB cable to the computer and turn on the controller, Windows crashes and gives me the BSOD. I've tried restarting and switching the keyboard on, but still get the crash. Every time.

Is this possibly a USB driver issue? Has anyone ever had a similar problem? If so, what was the solution? I'm sure this won't be an issue with my new computer when I get it, but for now I've no way to power the controller, short of buying another wall wort DC converter. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Camvike,
Unfortunately, my entire system died last night, so I have bigger fish to fry at the moment. I suspect (and only hope) that the power supply is cooked and not the motherboard. It died while it was running, so it isn't a failed power switch. I'll know this weekend what the problem is. If I fix it, I can move on to the USB issues. Man, I need a new computer so bad. This one's four yrs old and beginning to suffer from old age. ;-P
Yeah, this sounds like a driver issue. But, it depends on the USB plug. If the USB is low powered, it could cause this, but there are plenty of other things that would go wrong first. Make sure the driver is certified for Windows 2000, this is often a problem. You can either upgrade to XP or try and get an updated driver from M-Audio.