Edirol UM-880
Edirol UM-880

MIDI Interface from Edirol belonging to the UM series.

KaeRZed KaeRZed

«  That's good! »

Published on 04/02/13 at 08:58
I needed a USB MIDI interface to replace Emagic AMT-8.
I was very happy with the Emagic but I was (to my knowledge) embedded in the cycle of planned obsolescence:
- To work in Cubase 5, I had to move to W7
- The Emagic has not (and never will) drivers under W7

In short: I avaos choice between an old Cubase MIDI or MIDI without Cuibase recent.
I chose the Cubase MIDI with recent buying the UM-880!

I have a PC / W7-64 / Core2Duo@3.0GHz / 8GB of RAM.
The UM is used to drive my hardware synths.

Drivers are super stable, I have not had a single crash since the interface I.
Windows, yes, sometimes ... UM, no!
I use it with my couple Cubase 5.5 / Reason 4 and it is completely transparent.
A real pleasure.

I've been rather unstable MIDI interfaces (Note Off forgotten genre of blocking notes ... reset the interface required) ...
Making synths MIDI USB .... not always at the top and not super flexible ...

With the UM-880 is that the happiness super stable interface, convenient cable tester, patch to mix MIDI Hardware (taken from the rack) and Software (MIDI ports present in the sequencer), possibility of standalone patch (like a mini A-880), ... ... ...

In short: it's a bit expensive, but it is really good.
For all those who wish to make a serious use of the South, it is to buy with your eyes closed.
For others, they can sell me theirs ...