mucoder has updated hypercyclic to version 1.1.367.
hypercyclic is a freeware LFO-driven MIDI arpeggiator, gate effect and step sequencer for mangling sustained MIDI input chords, the output of which can then drive other MIDI instruments.
hypercyclic can generate MIDI that can be recorded and/or sent to other plug-ins. It features a built-in synth for testing purposes. Two tempo-synced LFOs can be used to modulate various parameters for creating interesting rhythmic effects and chord variations. A special feature is the possibility to modulate the sequencer step size itself, which can be used for creating glitchy stuttering effects.
What's new in hypercyclic 1.1?
v1.1 is functionally identical to v1.0, but has been rewritten internally and now shares the same new underlying modular engine and built-in synth used by tonespace 2. It should also provide a faster experience when opening the hypercyclic plug-in window on Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
The Windows version was tested on Windows 7 64-bit (but should work on XP, Vista, 32-bit). The Mac OS X version was tested on Tiger 10.4 and Snow Leopard 10.6 (but should also work on Panther, Leopard, and later). The Linux version was tested on Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 10.04 LTS (not sure what other versions might work).
Changes in Build 1.1.367:
- Fixed: slow UI loading time on OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
- Fixed: groove timing has improved.
- Fixed: MIDI song pointer follow has been improved in standalone version.
- New: standalone version now accepts MIDI sync messages.
- New: uses new test synth with PADsynth algorithm.
- New: LFO waveform is now displayed.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Toontrack Americana EZX Toontrack's 13th EZX expansion pack for EZdrummer and Superior Drummer 2.0 is called 'Americana'.
- Camel Audio Alchemy v1.25 Camel Audio has updated Alchemy and Alchemy Player, the sample manipulation software synthesizer and player plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
- Cinematic Tension Steamed Cinematic Tension has released Steamed, a mallet sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.