Ibanez EDA905

All user reviews for the Ibanez EDA905

5+ string bass guitar from Ibanez belonging to the Ergodyne series.

( 4.3/5 based on 3 reviews )
1 user review
2 reviews
  • Ibanez Ergodyne

Ibanez EDA905Publié le 06/12/07 à 15:00
    I play bass and guitar. I'm not amazing at ethier one and I'm not being modest. i have the education of a redneck and was taught by one. I'm into anything from just solid good punk, ska, ol' skool thrash and rap, and of course horror punk and psychobilly

One fine day, I threw down my fender and said "I think I'll get a new bass!" Now I knew i had good luck that day because normally when I pull out of my drive way this idiot kid (let's call him wayde) always get in the way which I'm forced to toss the rest of my McMuffin to distract him while i pull out. But, any ways I got this bass USED for about $350 at Guitar center.

I don't know much about the finess of basses. Infact I suck......

I don't know much about the finess of basses. Infact I suck pretty much but I did like the sound of the bass. The 3 knobs besides the volume and tone give a wide variety of sounds to choose from. I love the compact body compared to my fender (Which I call him scooter). The pickups are great and deliver a bold metal like sound.

The strings are placed low to the neck which is fine, but the neck is placed low to the body and the pickup is an inch and a half away so Maybe i suck at poping and slaping (Actually I do, because i let my friend play it and he flew on that neck (I felt like crap afterwords)) But I stumble on my strings a lot. The bass itself is heavy and there is this weird gash that slices down the middle of the body and ruined my plans to pinstripe around the pickups.

Okay here is the overview The strings are low to the neck, the pickups get in the way but I manage. The bass is heavy but sturdy and the tuning pegs stay in place and are solid so they really feel like they are holding those strings.

Its a great 5 string bass for anyone who just wants to expierement with a 5 string. I delivers excellent sound and performance.

Coming soon check out my hip review on the fender "scooter" squier! Oh yeah!

• Ibanez EDA 905

Ibanez EDA905Publié le 02/10/05 à 15:00
    Got this amzing beast for £500 from a music shop in England. Wanted a decent bass to progress on. The color is orange.

The shape is wierd, but is so easy to get on with - is lightweight, fits well to your body, the neck is slim and really easy to play . The tones and volumes are compltetly adjustable to your own sound and each string can be adjusted for volume. The blend between the piezos and magnetic pickup can be adjusted to your own sound! Just amazing for orginality.

At first the piezos were too sensitive and tremble for my liking so I adjusted the pots at the back to suit me, but then again that's more of an advantage. I've found that it goes out of tune quite quickly, but that's not much of a prob. As it can be changed quite a lot it's quite hard to keep it at the same tone.

I would say that the construction and quality could be improved as it is a mid/high cost bass and doesn't use wood for the body. I've found that the action has changed sometimes - from being too tight on ist fret until I lossened the screws a bit on bolt on.

It's a versatile bass built for orginality and diversification in mind. However, if you just want a quick, easy bass to pick up and play this is not the one as it takes a bit of tweaking to get your sound. As I've only owed one other bass before I cannot really give an informed judgment, but I can say it feels great to play; has a unique and varied sound and looks fantastic!

• Ibanez EDA 905 Ergodyne Bass

Ibanez EDA905Publié le 10/23/03 à 15:00
    i bought this form a music store near me i paid 600 for it which is well worth the money list is 1000$

iits easy to play its got peizo pickups which sound awesome with the magnetic as long as u dont turn them up all the way its also very light and comfortable

the glue holding the grounding foil was messed up so i had to open it up and put a piece of paper in to keep it from touching the pot other thne that just dont turn the peizo volume all the way up

very well contructed and very high quality the luthite makes it very durable yet light

a great bass very wide range of sounds ive gotten every sound out of it from samba/jazz too death metal and punk

This review was originally......