Audio Damage Automaton

All user reviews for the Audio Damage Automaton

• songboysongboy

Audio Damage AutomatonPublished on 11/12/09 at 22:07
    Automaton has no compatibility issues with my macbook and Logic 9.
    The manual is fairly clear, it covers a lot for a pretty small one.  Thankfully though, it does a good job explaining how to use this plugin.  You will need it for sure so have it handy.
    The general configuration is very confusing at first sight.  Its a very interesting grid design but without the help of the manual, I had no idea what to do.  The first thing I did was check out a few presets, and that made me even more confused.  Most importantly though, I was amazed after watching those presets.  I'll tell more below.
    I don't believe this thing has many if any typical functions.  Its a very unique device.
    In a nutshell, …
    Automaton has no compatibility issues with my macbook and Logic 9.
    In a nutshell, its a grid in which you mark spots where 1 of 4 effects is triggered.  You use the sequence option to build a sequence that "dances" for lack of a better word across the grid to trigger the samples.  Very cool stuff.

Yes, the software works correctly.  I through it on a few tracks here and there for some crazy glitch effects.  Works great for drums and drum loops.
    So far the configuration has been perfectly stable.  No crashes.  I haven't made any presets yet, I just mess around till I get a good sound.
    This thing is pretty cool.  I give it a 10 out of 10, but in all reality I have never used anything like this so its hard to rate.
    I have been using the Automaton for about two months.

What I like most about this plugin is its absolute uniqueness (too me at least).  I have never seen anything like it.  The sounds you can get out of this thing is amazing, especially if you like glitch music.  Another amazing thing is the pattern sequencing.  Setup a preset and watch...very cool.
    If I had to say something bad about it, it has a pretty good size learning curve.  The manual seriously helps with that.
    Audio damage plugins are always on the cheaper side compared to a lot of others.  I paid $50 for this guy and Its worth every penny.
    The sounds coming out of this sucker are awesome.  You can get clean or you can get all the way to super duper dirty.  Overall, good sound.
    This is the only thing I have ever seen like this so its the only model I've seen.
    I would definitely make the same choice again and buy this very interesting plugin.