Dean Guitars Dimebag Dean From Hell CFH
Dean Guitars Dimebag Dean From Hell CFH
jkessel jkessel

« To this day still my favorite »

Published on 05/01/12 at 15:24
2006 Made in China, Dean CFH Dime from Hell (USA called Dean from Hell like the original).
mahogany body,
24.75" scale,
dot inlays,
cream neck bindings,
B&B L500XL bridge pickup,
Dean custom designed super distortion copy neck pickup,
black licensed floyd rose with locking nut,
chrome grover tuners.
dimebag traction knobs,
dimebag lightning graphic paint on front,
solid blue paint on back and sides.

Very comfortable guitar. Very good balance, no neck or body dive. The neck shape fits my hand so perfectly, better than any other brand I've tried. The access to the 22nd fret isn't the best but it's still better than some guitars. The bridge isn't the best, unnamed licensed floyd rose but it works just fine... until the knife edges dull (few months). Once they dull it doesn't hold tuning very well. Other than that it's an amazing guitar.

Read my review on the L500XL to understand how it sounded stock. I've since replaced the bridge with a L500L and L500R (I have reviews on those as well), but just recently went back to the XL after about 4 years. I've also replaced the licensed floyd rose with a german made original floyd rose and plays better than new. I can't make it go out of tune no matter what I do. I play from Pink Floyd all the way to Machine Head and this can cover it all. May not look the part for some of it but it sounds just great.

This has been my favorite guitar for going on 6 years now, no chance in hell I'd ever sell it. I've actually bought 2 more since then and got them repainted. One as the confederate flag and the other in the process as the coors light ML (both Dimebag guitars). There have been a lot of bad ones out there from Dean moving factories but they've leveled out now and are as good as ever. 1 of my 3 was pretty messed up but I've gotten it taken care of and is now as good as my other two. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these to anyone, but wouldn't hurt to play it first.