ESP F Standard S : slash velvet revolver's user review
- Made in Japan
- Mahogany body,
- Channel Driver, 24 boxes, maple,
- Ebony fingerboard, Jumbo frets,
- Pop "ESP" Sanskrit at 12th fret,
- Micros EMG81 and 60, active electronics,
- 1 tone control and a volume.
- Stop Bar Tailpiece and Tune-O-Matic Gotoh,
- Mechanical self-locking oil immersed Sperzel,
- Black hardware.
Nothing to say, ESP is one of the most trusted brands, no bad surprises upon arrival.
A body that is fantasy (yes ^ ^) powerful sound, accurate and boosted!
- Comfort: it's a pretty heavy guitar which is nice for the stability of the guitar when playing, whether you are sitting or standing (can be hard after a few hours to wear all gear ..) but nothing too bad we have seen worse. The handle with the jumbo frets and above all, must the ebony keys must offer a rare comfort, both for rhythm and for soloists (relatively broad, but not end it's a perfect compromise if you hit at a time the solos and heavy riffs ^ ^).
I personally never had so many facilities to play some solos, very easy access to acute.
Large sets of strings (heavy Tirana) to easily find their place without flinching this guitar.
And mechanical self-locking are just perfect ... it does not move a real pleasure!
- Sound: As I said ... large, powerful, precise, and sustain overboosted crazy!
The clean sound sounds good, but clean and round we saw more on the other hand in terms of saturation ... it kills ^ ^ you touch perfection, the sound has an impressive presence ... .. short ESP is undoubtedly a guitar metalleu finally the sound you dream (Machine Head, Killswitch Engage ...) but happiness through EMG active pickups
I play metal so this guitar fits perfectly with my style of play because it's not a really versatile guitar, but focused "big sound".
I use an amp head H & K warp7 + baffle which drooled a little bit of saturation but my host ESP with sufficient grace and power, or if not on my Marshall VS100 combo that shows me the full extent of the accuracy of the F std S.
I am open to if granted with a game 12/54.
Nothing I dislike the sound of this guitar, I was captivated by its forms and class. May be the clear sound that lacks crystalline but nothing nasty ....
Ps: the volume knob is placed just below the bridge pickup, playing "open hand" I happened to touch playing and accidentally turn the volume down .. rather embarrassing, the sudden I felt as add knob making it a bit tougher this .. well my tip helped ...)
I use it for 1 year and 2 months.
I'm crazy shapes, and touched by this ESP, quality finishes and especially the sound.
I had never touched one before this one .. ESP just Ltd. who had disappointed.
The price is right, over the shop where I bought me a great price 1485 euros for only less than 2 months of waiting. It is a high-end guitar what more normal!
I had a VIGIER before, not regret the ESP F STD S is a much better my game I was able to install a large Tirana and the choice I would do without hesitation!