Gibson RD Standard Exclusive
Gibson is reintroducing the RD Standard, originally introduced in 1977, in the new RD Standard Exclusive.
It features a 24 3/4" scale length and a pair of PAF-styled Burstbucker Pro pickups, both made with Alnico V magnets. A solid mahogany body is joined to a glued-in quarter-sawn mahogany neck that is carved to a rounded '50s profile. Its rosewood fingerboard carries 22 medium-jumbo frets, and it has a 12-inch radius. Gibson offers the choice of high-gloss Trans Amber or Ebony Black finish, with a three-ply black/white/black pickguard that offers a look back toward its Gibson predecessors of the '60s.
- Mahogany neck
- Mahogany body
- Rosewood fingerboard
- 24 3/4" scale
- 1.695" nut width
- 2 Volume Controls, 1 Tone Control
- Toggle Switch: three-way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: traditional 1/4"
For more information, visit Gibson.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Kauer Daylighter Jr. Available in a variety colors, the Daylighter Jr. is designed for "those who value simplicity and working man's utilitarian guitar over all else," the company says.
- Modkitsdiy.com ThunderDrive Deluxe Modkitsdiy.com's ThunderDrive Deluxe is an overdrive pedal kit designed to provide "a strong clean signal boost in the early gain settings and smooth distortion at maximum gain settings," according to the company.
- Schecter Zacky Vengeance 6661 Schecter introduces Avenged Sevenfol's Zacky Vengeance Signature 6661 guitar, set to hit the stores in August.