Ibanez IC300
Ibanez IC300

Other Shape Guitar from Ibanez belonging to the Iceman series.

Publié le 08/07/10 à 22:05
The Ibanez Iceman Series IC-300 is an electric guitar that is suitable for any use that you'd like. I recently tried out the IC-300 at a studio where I was recording for a week, but it really wasn't my type of guitar so it didn't see much use. The guitar has 24 frets and two humbucker pick ups. I don't know what type of materials this guitar is made out of...

The overall feel of the Ibanez Iceman Series IC-300 is okay but it isn't my favorite feeling guitar in general. It has a pretty thick feeling neck and isn't the easiest for my hands to grasp. Of course this is just a matter of personal preference and opinion, as I'm sure there are some people's hands who fit this guitar perfectly. The pick ups have just a single tone and volume that control both, and a standard three way pick up selector as well. Getting a nice sound is definitely a relative thing here...

It's hard for me to judge the Ibanez Iceman Series IC-300 accurately in terms of sound quality, as I found out that this is not the type of sound I'm looking for with my music. It's got a really thick and heavy sort of sound, which would certainly blend well for harder rock and metal, but since I don't play this type of music it's hard for me to say how it compares to other guitars of this nature. I thought that I'd be able to get a usable tone from it for what we were doing, which is softer rock, but it wasn't the right environment for the guitar.

The Ibanez Iceman Series IC-300 is definitely not the guitar for me, but that doesn't mean it isn't a useful guitar to someone else. It's definitely the type of guitar that you're going to want to use for metal and harder forms of rock, so if you're looking for a guitar of that nature, it's worth checking out. I'm not an expert for this type of music, but it's got a very heavy sound. Worth a gander for those interested in guitars suiting the genre...