MusicMan JP XI - John Petrucci Signature
Ernie Ball Music Man introduces the latest evolution in the John Petrucci line of signature guitars, the JPXI, which will feature a combination of appointments from JPX and BFR Petrucci signature instruments.
Most notably, the JPXI neck has been streamlined to a symmetric, extra slim profile featuring a flatter 20" radius, medium jumbo stainless steel frets with a finished mahogany neck and an ebony fingerboard, according to the manufacturer. It also has a non-chambered body, mahogany Tone Block and maple top.
The controls are similar to that of the JP BFR line, with 2 three way toggles wired for the Custom Dimarzio LiquiFire and Crunch Lab humbuckers, as well as the Piezo bridge pickup.
The JPXI guitars will be available in 6 and 7 string versions, adorned with chrome hardware, Mother of Pearl inlays and a new Onyx finish.
- Body Wood: Alder with maple top and mahogany Tone Block
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Body Colors: Onyx
- Bridge: Custom John Petrucci Music Man® Piezo floating tremolo, made of chrome plated, hardened steel with solid steel saddles.
- Scale Length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Radius: 20" (50.8 cm)
- Headstock Size: JPXI 6: Only 5-7/8" (14.9 cm) long; JPXI 7: Only 6-7/8" (17.5 cm) long
- Frets: 24 - Medium Jumbo profile
- Neck Width: JPXI 6: 1-11/16" (43.0 mm) at nut, 2-1/4" (57.2 mm) at last fret; JPXI 7: 1-7/8" (47.6 mm) at nut, 2-7/16" (61.9 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fret Markers: Custom JPXI Inlays
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester
- Neck Colors: Color matches body
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking with pearl buttons
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum control cover
- Controls: 500kohm volume and tone - .022µF tone capacitor
- Switching: 3-way toggle pickup selector, with custom center position configuration; 3-way toggle piezo/magnetic selector
- Pickups: HH - 1 DiMarzio Liquifire - neck; 1 DiMarzio Crunch Lab – bridge; Piezo bridge pickup
No pricing at this point, but full product details can be found at www.music-man.com/instruments/guitars/jpxi.html.
Viewers of this article also read...
- A-Waï Custom Tube Amps A-Waï Custom Amps is a young French brand dedicated to building custom tube amps for electric guitar and bass.
- New Anthology of Sound Effects The brothers from Anthology of Sound have just completed 3 new effects in their line of pedals, available since the beginning of the week.
- Cort Gasoline 1 & Motor Oil 1 Cort Guitars announces the new Fuel Series guitars, a collaboration with Los Angeles-based builder Stephen McSwain. The two models are the Gasoline 1 and the Motor Oil 1, both available in retailers worldwide.