Peavey HP Signature EXP

All user reviews for the Peavey HP Signature EXP

• MGR/Eddie Van ScottyMGR/Eddie Van Scotty

Peavey HP exp

Peavey HP Signature EXPPublished on 02/25/05 at 15:00
    I have taken the time to write this review as the guitar is not featured under the Peavey listings and I need to sread the word as they say. I first saw this guitar on E Bay it was priced at £350. I was tempted by the pictures but like most people had not seen or played one. I was aware that the new price was about £499. I own a EVH wolfy standard USA so needed something of good quality and hard tailed (aka gibson LP). I read a couple of reviews and decided to purchase. To my suprise the guy had re-listed and dropped the price to £250, yes 250. I purchased after he confirmed I would be very impressed.

The HP has a mohogany body and neck with an ebony fretboard Grover tuners and gold hardwear. What a gibson I here you say?. Well it might as well be this thing is a CRACKING guitar. It is built superbly and looks very classy Mine is the tiger eye finish. It is handbuilt in Korea and it is difficult to separate the build quality from most guitars except top end PRS and Gibson customs. The guitar unamplified just sings clarity and resonance, better than the wolfy and the ebony fretboard is silky smooth. Plug it in and out jumps a Les Paul. I don't know what pickups it has but they do the business through my Peavey and Fender twin.

My only concern was a slight buzzing from the strings but I checked the relief on the neck and found it was to tight. I slackened the neck just a bit to obtain the correct clearance and that was it, spot on. And I do mean spot on with a very low action.

Simply amazing at this price level it matches the quality of a les paul double cut standard that I used to own.

If you are a name nut and need Gibson/PRS etc on the headstock then this will never do you, you fools!. I have had many guitars over the years and needed that security that I was holding a named beast. It did after all make me a better player (in my dreams) and impress the mates but at high cost and dedt. Believe me this guitar is from a USA based company and although built in korea it is a high quality handbuilt guitar. Made from quality materials it sings, stays in tune and looks great. I do have to say though, I fail to see the difference between this guitar at £499 and it's big USA brother priced at $2100 apart from the tuners and pickups and one slab of mahogany rather than 3 pieces. Get one before everyone realises what top notch units these are and they put the prices up.
    Keep em peeled on E bay for a bargain. Well done Peavey on an affordable quality guitar.