Rees Electric Guitars G90
Rees Electric Guitars presents the new G90.
The new Rees G90 guitar is being made in Cambridge, England. Its combination of a hard tonewood body, solidly placed bridge, and strong 25.5 inch neck is supposed to provide a large array of full, rich tones, with the Seymour Duncan pickups and Rees wiring providing a wide range of voices.
According to Rees, the neck pickup is a traditional humbucker that can be coil tapped to make a single coil sound. The bridge pickup has a P90 style coil and a blade coil that can be added to make it into a humbucker. Rees switching uses a 3-way neck - both - bridge pickup selector and a 2-way rotary switch for humbuckers - single coils. The single coil sounds are particularly convincing because the neck is 25.5 inch which gives more energy and tone to the strings than a 24.75 inch neck would. The wide P90 coil provides a fuller tone than a common single coil has. The Rees wiring of the "both pickups" selection uses a parallel wiring for the popular funky single coil mix, but a series wiring for mud-free clarity of the humbucker mix.
An original designed body of selected korina hard tone-wood features a wrap-around bridge anchored firmly into the heart of the wood, providing long sustain and rich woody tone. The shape is designed to make a well-balanced, fairly light, 7 pound guitar while standing or sitting. The neck is angled back, and the body is sculpted on both the front and back to fit comfortably around the guitarist.
The body is stained by rubbing by hand, rather than by spraying which would obscure the wood grain. The body is finished in satin nitrocellulose lacquer which is said to provide better resonance and tone. The neck is finished in high-tech polymer lacquer for durability, with a fast action satin finish to the back of the neck. Body colours available include natural blonde, tobacco 3-tone sunburst, vintage cherry sunburst, brown sunburst, amber sunburst and golden blonde sunburst.
- Korina body with a choice of colour stains and satin nitrocellulose finish.
- Angled 22 fret 25.5 inch maple neck with a choice of fret-board woods.
- Wrap-around bridge for strong sustain and responsive feel.
- Fender LSR Roller nut for tuning ease and accuracy, string weight tolerance, and tone balance.
- Seymour Duncan pickups: P-Rails P90/humbucker at bridge and a Jazz neck humbucker.
- Wide range of tones with 6 switched pickup voices including P90; humbucker; single-coil.
- Light weight: 7lbs/3.2 kg.
For more information, visit the brand's website: www.rees-electric-guitars.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Goodall Reintroduces Aloha Parlor Model Goodall Guitars has reintoduced its Aloha Parlor guitar model.
- Radial Engineering [Bones Series] Fullerton Distortion After the success encountered by its Tonebone series, Radial Engineering has announced a new series of guitar effect pedals for guitars: the "Bones".
- Dimarzio gets back to '67 DiMarzio has released the DP 419 Area '67 single coil pickup for electric guitars, a new model which aims at resurrecting the spirit of '67.