PACE Anti-Piracy Inc. iLok Cloud

(1 reviews)
(1 review)
Audience: Beginners Value For Money : Poor
  • User5543User5543

Horrible company, horrible products, appalling customer experience

PACE Anti-Piracy Inc. iLok CloudPublished on 12/28/22 at 04:41
    After using this software, and having bought an iLok to license the products I create, the licensing tools command line executable deleted an entire folder on my computer for having only directed the command to a folder, not a file :facepalm:
    I lost everything there, irreversibly, not even using hard drive salvaging software was I able to recover my deleted information.
    I reached out to the company and their response couldn't possibly be more disregarding and immediately absolved themselves of any responsibility for what happened.
    It's an atrocious company that, in my opinion, are absolutely destroying the market I work in, by buying up companies, providing god-awful software, abusing their customer base, while not even providing the bare minimum of support and covering their destruction path with iron-clad NDAs you have to sign to be their customer.
    If you don't absolutely need to use it, just don't, and steer clear of this train-wreck of a company.

Audience analysis (Google Analytics)
Advertising (Google Ads)
Marketing (Meta Pixel)

On our websites, we use the Meta Pixel. The Meta Pixel is a remarketing pixel implemented on our websites that allows us to target you directly via the Meta Network by serving ads to visitors of our websites when they visit the social networks Facebook and Instagram. The meta pixel are code snippets which are able to identify your browser type via the browser ID - the individual fingerprint of your browser - and to recognise that you have visited our websites and what exactly you have looked at on our websites. When you visit our websites, the pixel establishes a direct connection to Meta's servers. Meta is able to identify you by your browser ID, as this is linked to other data about you stored by Meta on your Facebook or Instagram user account. Meta then delivers individualised ads from us on Facebook or on Instagram that are tailored to your needs.

We ourselves are not in a position to identify you personally via the meta pixel, as apart from your browser ID no other data is stored with us via the pixel.

For more information about the Meta Pixel, the details of data processing via this service and Meta's privacy policy, please visit Meta Privacy Policy - How Meta collects and uses user data for Facebook and Meta Privacy Policy - How Meta collects and uses user data for Instagram.

Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd. is a subsidiary of Meta Platforms, Inc. based in the USA. It cannot be ruled out that your data collected by Facebook will also be transmitted to the USA.

Audience analysis (Google Analytics)

Advertising (Google Ads)