SBooth Max

All user reviews for the SBooth Max

• moosersmoosers

SBooth MaxPublished on 01/10/11 at 16:26
    The SBooth developed Max software is audio file conversion and tagging software, available as a free download for Macintosh systems only. It's open source software that serves a few basic functions, but does what it does very efficiently with an easy to use interface that is both basic and effective. In Max you're able to do simple file converting, as well as having the ability to insert metadata and album artwork. The vast preferences controls allow you to use the software in a number of different fashions, and is also great for ripping CD's into just about any desired format. For me, I use Max whenever I'm converting bounced mixes into mp3 form with full metadata and all that. You can download this straight from SBooth's website for free and I'm not sure if a manual is present for it.

Right now I'm running Max on my Mac Book Pro laptop and have been for a couple of years now. The computer has a 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4 GB of RAM, which has been more than enough for me to use the software quickly and effectively, as it converts files rather quickly. It's a Mac only software, although there's all sorts of free comparable programs for Windows as well. This is definitely the easiest to use software of it's kind that I've used and I can't imagine anyone having problems running it.

If you have a Mac and are working at all with audio files, Max is a very worthwhile piece of software to have. It's not going to be as in depth as something you might buy, but being that it's free I believe it can do a whole lot for you. I love how easy it is to tag everything right up in here as this will continue to be my go to software for these purposes. If you're still reading this review I'd highly encourage you to head over to the SBooth website and try Max for yourself now...