Fender Super Champ XD
Fender Super Champ XD

Modelling Combo Guitar Amp from Fender .

Vince de Borderouge Vince de Borderouge

«  To become a legend Fender »

Published on 09/22/14 at 12:04
Tube amp 15 watts into 8 ohms Blackface type manufactured in Asia.
Two channels. A channel all-tube that is the great strength of this amp.
a second channel modeling with 16 amp models (Tweed, Blackface, Vox, Hot Rod, Mesa Boogie, Metal, Jazz, acoustic).
5 effects via DSP, good quality (Delay, Reverb, Chorus, Tremolo, Vibratone).
HP 10-inch specially produced by this amp.
1 line out
1 HP external output
1 output for the optional footswitch amp.

This amp was my first tube amp. The discovery of another world, which until then I had had and had played as transistor amp.
This is amp is very easy to use. A channel all-tube which can be added via the DSP effects (Delay, Reverb, Chorus, Tremolo, Vibratone) via a knob. Some can mingle (reverb + delay, chorus + reverb). Overall, all the digital effects are of good quality. The reverb is very spring, the typed Nirvana chorus, tremolo referring to Nancy Sinatra Bang Bang.
the sound is very easily channel one: a knob treble and bass knob and go. It is very easy to find your sound, its sounds.
Channel two, modeling, refers to well-typed universe amp: Fender period Tweed, Blackface Fender period, Fender Hot Rod, Vox AC 30 ...). If the amp simulation Jazz is also interesting, the simulation models are metal or sound implausible).
These models have for me as a primary interest to offer a range of sounds from clean to crunch to see metal, very interesting.

Say it right away, this amp, especially used, presents a value price!
The Super Champ XD is a true gateway to the Fender universe. Sound channel one is really beautiful, even if the bass is attenuated by 10-inch speakers. It is to me the identity of this amp, low noise at low volume ailleurs.Avec a beautiful grain.
Perfect for home, like many Fender sound starts at two, four and seems best to play at home without getting angry with neighbors. Beyond four, the sound becomes very strong! If the amp with its small size and weight of 10 kg is perfect to be lugged, it will suffer from the presence of a drummer angry. Used head office into 8 ohms, I think it could probably be expressed in an interesting way.
Channel two is interesting because allows us to reach a wide range of sounds almost immediately but still disappointing in the end when trying to sculpt his son.De over the gap in output between two models that channel makes little use in live I think even with the footswitch.

Used diligently for a year, having achieved very effective tip cardboard cereal (at one single grating), I sold it, as the person I bought it, to get on the Fender 65'Deluxe Reverb.
This amp is made me addicted to his Fender! That's a lot for the price and knowing that I had tried numerous amps in this price range before buying.
What I like most: a channel really a huge value for the price. The quality and strength of the amp. The look: still aesthetics Blackface is splendid !!!
What I like least: the optional footswitch. And differences in output levels of the channel between the two different models that make them exploitable available.
200 euros bought and sold the same price a year later. What more!
This choice I would not hesitate for a moment! A very good buy.