Line 6 Spider II HD75
Line 6 Spider II HD75
LPA94 LPA94
Publié le 11/21/07 à 12:37
Well, I do not really agree with the other reviews, so here are some details.
This amp head is not really a head amplifier transistors as we understand it, because much is digital (like the amp modeling). It has two outputs 75 watts (4 ohms minimum) 6.35, a guitar input, line input (CD) and a record output for headphone listening, connection to a mixing desk, recording, etc. ...
4 available channels: clean, crunch, metal and insane. 12 SIMULATION AND S NOT! ! Each channel can store all other settings, including: gain, bass, mid, treble, volume, an effect (chorus, flanger, phaser and tremolo) and effect 2 (sweep echo, tape echo and reverb).
Insane and metal channels using a digital noise suppression highly effective.

Once you put a little hands-on everything is very simple. Everything is very clear on this amp head and if you take a little time it reaches its desired easily.
The manual I have never opened I believe ... no need!

The style is clearly oriented rock / metal even if the clean sound is very correct.
The crunch sound is sharp and very medium, probably the most musical distortion of the amp.
The sound is heavy metal and drooling at will, I personally do not like it too, I find no dynamics and high frequencies are "sour" (indeed bee!).
The sound resembles a little insane kind of Rectifier, slice it right and if only one does not put the gain at the bottom there is strong while giving generous and accurate bass. Only weak point: in the long run it is found cold!
But for that price it's still excellent.
The effects are somewhat customizable, you can manage the quantity (flanger) or speed (chorus, phaser, tremolo) the length and amount (only echoes and reverb). In contrast settings available are rather tasteful, if not abused. But from time to time it's nice! ^ ^

For over a year since I use it and I want to try something else. In fact I made the home studio, so I mainly used the output record whose signal / noise ratio is rather poor. However, for styles that's enough nags rather the case. Here are some compounds in which the Spider 2 amplifies my Ibanez RG Series:

I tried the POD (the first), but the Spider 2 me more satisfied. Only now I need to play outside and there is no question for me to carry around the head, too heavy! ! But at least it's solid! !
So for that price, if you start in rock or metal, it's a really good product. If this is not the case, there will surely be better for you elsewhere!