Rocktron Prophesy II
Rocktron Prophesy II
thierryfrench45 thierryfrench45
Publié le 06/13/09 à 01:01
Already listed below or see the manufacturer's website all the features.

Indeed the lack of USB force us to use a cable converter Midi / USB
And so it is a bit annoying on a product known as professional when you want to use the editor to back up or tweaking sounds and your PC.

The use itself is very simple and intuitive. (Rotate buttons ....)
The sound is very clean, no hiss or other! It's sometimes a little too clean ... not too much room for error! But it helps to have a game very precise (ideal Prog Metal)!
To learn to have a clean game the Prophesy is a good instructor!
Readily obtained a good sound!
on the other hand to get "sound" must grind a whole bunch of parameters PRE EQ / Post EQ Global EQ etc. ... and there is not so simple! But on the other side one can build his own sound and have a sound identity!
Therefore, the use of the beast is accessible for everyone on the other hand when it wants to push the machine to its limits, there is time to go! After two years I have not done the trick! Anyway I prefer spending time to polish my game to turn knobs !!!!! Because we Prophesy "shows" soon our own game limit! If we play rough, we are quickly unmasked!

A vast range of sound and covers almost all that can wait for a guitarist!
I am satisfied with the sound (even if his quest is eternal).
As I said above. The sound is very clean and can play very precise and ultra fast for fans of the genre.
Damage, however, that the delay is not a "Dual Delay", I mean-is a true stereo delay with the possibility of putting different values ​​on the channel A and channel B. ..
The Prophesy is quite known in the metal, but it performs in all styles, I think! From clean acoustic type, with its Pink Floyd, through Chuck Berry, to Brutal Death Metal Extreme .... I even think it is a little too Metal cataloged so that we can make the Blues or Jazz, for example too!

About 2 years of use, it has been "coupled" first of all to a Marshall 8100 and a Sovtek Mig100 and now a Mesa 2: fifty to be in stereo (a Velocity 120 amp also comes as relief ).
He really respects the sound of guitars! To have a sound that I take my Blackmore Start, and for my sound LAG Rockline Metal Metal or my Ibanez RG470
And there are still some functions (eg ADSR) that I have not explored yet .... So I'm far from tired of the beast!

The price of new is, admittedly, still high but remember that this machine makes professional use with a professional sound and compared to the competition remains very attractive. However, today on the second hand market there are incredible opportunities to do for those who want the Prophesy. (I sometimes feels to make a second rescue the financial crisis but ....).

The major advantage of the machine is to combine a powerful pre-amp + multi-purpose comprehensive in 2U.
With experience I will ever be the same choice!