PreSonus introduced the Monitor Station 2
PreSonus discretely introduced at Musikmesse 2014 the new version of its Monitor Station monitoring controller.
Along with a new black finish, the new features on the Monitor Station 2 are the following:
- D/A converter with a new S/PDIF input
- 1/8” auxiliary input on the rear for external audio players
- Added independent volume controls for each of the three monitor output pairs on the rear of the unit
- Option to monitor/sum multiple sources at the same time (activation is done at startup)
- Option to listen/sum multiple speaker sets at the same time: you can either leave one output always active and switch between the two others, or sum the three outputs (also activates at startup)
- Reorganized control panel
The Monitor Station 2 will have the price as the first version, which is $299. This new version has not been announced at the PreSonus website yet, but the manufacturer posted a video that we reproduce here:
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.