PreSonus introduced the Monitor Station 2
PreSonus discretely introduced at Musikmesse 2014 the new version of its Monitor Station monitoring controller.
Along with a new black finish, the new features on the Monitor Station 2 are the following:
- D/A converter with a new S/PDIF input
- 1/8” auxiliary input on the rear for external audio players
- Added independent volume controls for each of the three monitor output pairs on the rear of the unit
- Option to monitor/sum multiple sources at the same time (activation is done at startup)
- Option to listen/sum multiple speaker sets at the same time: you can either leave one output always active and switch between the two others, or sum the three outputs (also activates at startup)
- Reorganized control panel
The Monitor Station 2 will have the price as the first version, which is $299. This new version has not been announced at the PreSonus website yet, but the manufacturer posted a video that we reproduce here:
Viewers of this article also read...
- KRK Rokit 8 G3 Review Rokit speakers ─ the entry-level product range of Californian manufacturer KRK ─ have found their way into numerous home studios for many years. But until the recent release of the third-generation of Rokits, the yellow-coned speakers hadn't had an update in five years and were in need of a face-lift to keep pace with the ever-growing and stronger competition. We'll look here at the 8" version, and see what features KRK has added in its latest Rokit launch.
- OTO introduces three new effects Bim, Bam and Boum are the three new effect modules OTO Machines will launch at the end of the year.
- [Musikmesse] Motorized faders for the Neve 5088 Rupert Neve Designs gives users of the 5088 mixing console the possibility to add motorized faders with the SwiftMix module.