Waves L3-16 Multimaximizer
Waves L3-16 Multimaximizer
stompboxjon stompboxjon

« From Warm To Cool »

Published on 09/18/12 at 22:22
The L3-L16 is a 16 band limiter with EQ, and Maximization. It will give a very warm tone, or any type of tone you would want from warm to cool. It is an all in one mastering VST that can be used in a bunch of different DAW’s and programs. Waves allows you to try this plug in before you decide to purchase it. The L3-L 16 is a very powerful tool. It has everything you need to not mix, but to master your recordings. You will need the manual if you want to do things the right way and get the exact sort of a tone you are looking for on your complete finalized track. The manual is easy to use and to understand. All of the main functions are easy to use you will just need the manual to understand how to use them and locate them.

I ran L3-L16 on my Apple Macbook Pro 2.66 Ghz i7 Dual Core 4GB laptop and it worked great, it does take a little more time to install than most of the other Waves plug ins did on my computer. I have not tried to use the L3-L16 on my PC because I hardly every “master” on my PC. The L3-L16 was very stable on my Mac and has never gave me any issues or errors and has not crashed once. I have been using it for around 10 months now and I have got way more than my money’s worth. I have really learned some new mastering techniques with this VST and I use it to help me dictate the mood of the whole track by making it warmer or cooler.

The L3-L16 is a full mastering program, if you have a little knowledge with mixing then it is time to start learning how to master your own songs. I didn’t want to have to send my stuff off to get mastered anymore and pay twice the amount of this software just to get a few masters done. I wanted to learn to do it myself and the L3-L16 has really helped me. I am happy with my purchased and I would do the same purchase again if I needed to. The quality is amazing now!