Used bought 4 months ago for 400 € (with a Roland pedal FD7) Audiofanzine on: Considering the rarity of this controller in Europe, I jumped, and I was not disappointed.
After extensive testing and research user reviews on machines of the same type (SPD20, SPD6, Trigger IO pads and pads Yamaha "home" ...) I realized that there is no equivalent opportunities in terms of other manufacturers ... Especially for use with Ableton Live (which is my case).
Here are the features that caught my attention:
- 2 trigger inputs for adding a kick (in me KD7) and a HH pedal responding to velocity.
- The ability to "hold" sounds now stick resting on the pad.
- The possibility to assign any type of MIDI event to the pads: handy for controlling all functions of the Live wand.
- The ability to assign function hihat open / close all pads.
- Excellent rebound hitting surface.
- Robustness and ease of maintenance of the machine built like a tank, demountable as a 2CV.
Pity that the manufacturer is domiciled in the U.S., because it offers a service therefore (repair, maintenance, upgrade ...) but accessible at great cost to European users (customs fees, etc.) ... There is an ATM-repair in Germany, but Here too, the costs are significant.
Anyway, and for my own edification, I consider the value very correct, if it again under the same conditions: without hesitation!