or
Create an account

or
Enlarge
Go to the  Forums root directory
Music Genres
Songs
User reviews

Thread DESPERATLY NEED HELP STARTING OFF!! BEGINNER ADVICE WANTED!!

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 3 followers
1 DESPERATLY NEED HELP STARTING OFF!! BEGINNER ADVICE WANTED!!

Waddup everyone!

i downloaded logic pro 8 awhile back and screwed around with it but obviously didnt go very far considering how complex it is for a beginner...and as much as i LOOOOOOOOOOVE music and have an insane passion for it,i lost all confidence in myself because i wasnt progressing at all...so im thinking i should obviously start off with something more basic...something like fruitty loops or maybe a bit better??reason? i dunno... but as basic as i think i need for the moment, i want to use a software i can grow into instead of having to switch out of it right away and be forced to learn something completely different all over again... I had bought only 3 items besides logic 8...I own an m-gear synth pedal,an m-audio oxygen 61 midi keyboard and a m-audio trigger finger...all of which i have no idea how to use or  how to install sound presets or wtvr...maybe these things are good,maybe they're not...money isnt an issue rly,i just want to b sent on the right track... i dont want to waste my time...ill put in the hours,months,years but i want to b sure im building myself a good foundation...PLEASE give me any advice you can offer me! ie what software i should start off with,what hardware i should buy,the dos and donts,books to buy...i dunno...i feel lost and i just need someone to kick me in the right direction.. THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE WHO TOOK THE TIME TO READ THIS!! MUCH LOVE!

i will advice u to use fl studio for beat production and cubase sx or nuendo for recording...... thats the basic for home recording studio...