Neumann is also attending the AES Convention in New York where they debut their new TLM 107 studio condenser microphone.
The Neumann TLM 107 is a studio microphone equipped with a dual diaphragm capsule inspired by the high-end Neumann D-01 model. It offers 5 polar patterns that can be switched directly from the body of the microphone via a navigation switch, which also allows for enabling the 40Hz / 100Hz low-cut and a two-position Pad.
This switch is located on the back of the microphone with LED indicators that will switch off after 15 seconds.
Neumann adds that for all polar patterns, the response is almost linear up to 8kHz, then a slight curve appears in the high frequency range. The manufacturer primarily designed the TLM 107 for vocals, taking a special care of the sibilants, but you can also use it on other sources and instruments. The protection grille is equipped with a filter and the capsule is designed to minimize sensitivity to humidity and other environment factors.
- 5 polar patterns: cardioid, wide cardioid, hypercardiod, omnidirectional and Figure 8
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 11mV/Pa (1kHz @ 1 Ohm-
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Load impedance: 1k Ohm
- Equivalent noise level: 22dB / 10dB A-weighted
- Signal/Noise ratio: 72dB / 88dB A-weighted (96dB SPL)
- Max SPL: 141dB SPL with a 0.5% THD
- Pad: –6dB (147dB SPL) and –12dB (153dB SPL)
- 3-pin XLR connector
- Dimensions: 64mm diameter x 145mm length
- Weight: 445g
The Neumann TLM 107 ships with a mic stand and is available in two mate black or nickel finishes. Its suggested retail price is 1212€ excl. IVA. You’ll find all the details at www.tlm107.neumann.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Neumann & Apogee in a bundle Neumann and Apogee have announced the release of a bundle including the Neumann TLM 102 large-diaphragm microphone and Apogee Duet audio interface.
- Neumann launches KH 805 active studio subwoofer Neumann presents the KH 805, a new active subwoofer expanding the brand's range of studio monitoring products.
- [AES] The Neumann U 47 FET is back Neumann announces the reissue of its famous U 47 FET condenser large diaphragm microphone in a Collectors edition.