[AES] The Neumann U 47 FET is back
Neumann announces the reissue of its famous U 47 FET condenser large diaphragm microphone in a Collectors edition.
This reissue of the legendary 70s cardioid condenser microphone is a limited edition. Neumann used the original production schemes and documentes to recreate the microphone so you’ll find in your studio the exact same sound without the hassle of vintage gear.
- Condenser gradient pressure design
- Cardioid polar pattern
- FET 80 circuit
- Dual large diaphragm capsule with a slight bump starting from 2kHz
- Frequency response: 40Hz - 16kHz
- Sensitivity: 8mV/Pa & 1kHz / 1 kOhms
- Equivalent noise level: 18dB A-weighted
- Signal/Noise ratio: 76dB A-weighted (rel. 94dB SPL)
- Switchable low-cut filter (40Hz - 140Hz)
- Max sound pressure level: 147dB SPL
- 6dB signal reduction switch
- Dimensions: 160mm L x 63mm D
- Weight: 710g
- Classic Nickel finish
- Built-in shockmount
The Neumann Collectors Edition U 47 FET ships in a wooden box with a certificate of authenticity featuring the serial number of the microphone. All the details about this reissue are online at www.u47fet.neumann.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [AES] New SSL Live L300 digital console SSL will introduce this week at the AES Show a more compact version of its Live digital mixing console.
- A monitoring controller in DIY Kit format Sound Skulptor introduces the MC624, a new monitoring controller available as a DIY kit or assembled.
- [AES] Antelope introduces a 32-channel mic preamp Antelope Audio will be attending AES this week where they will unveil their new MP32 32-channel rackable mic preamplifier.