[AES] The Neumann U 47 FET is back
Neumann announces the reissue of its famous U 47 FET condenser large diaphragm microphone in a Collectors edition.
This reissue of the legendary 70s cardioid condenser microphone is a limited edition. Neumann used the original production schemes and documentes to recreate the microphone so you’ll find in your studio the exact same sound without the hassle of vintage gear.
- Condenser gradient pressure design
- Cardioid polar pattern
- FET 80 circuit
- Dual large diaphragm capsule with a slight bump starting from 2kHz
- Frequency response: 40Hz - 16kHz
- Sensitivity: 8mV/Pa & 1kHz / 1 kOhms
- Equivalent noise level: 18dB A-weighted
- Signal/Noise ratio: 76dB A-weighted (rel. 94dB SPL)
- Switchable low-cut filter (40Hz - 140Hz)
- Max sound pressure level: 147dB SPL
- 6dB signal reduction switch
- Dimensions: 160mm L x 63mm D
- Weight: 710g
- Classic Nickel finish
- Built-in shockmount
The Neumann Collectors Edition U 47 FET ships in a wooden box with a certificate of authenticity featuring the serial number of the microphone. All the details about this reissue are online at www.u47fet.neumann.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.