Tascam is attending AES 2014 where they are introducing various new products, including the US-16X08 USB audio interface.
The Tascam US-16X08 is a rackable USB 2.0 audio interface that can be used with Mac and PC computers and is also compliant for use with Apple iOS devices. It offers 16 inputs, including 8 mic preamps, 8 outputs and features a DSP mixer with dedicated software. The particularity of the US-16X08 is that it can be used as a standalone microphone preamplifier.
- 8 HDDA mic preamps with 56dB of gain
- 8x 1/4” line level inputs, two of which can be switched to instrument inputs
- 8 balanced line outputs, two of them with front level control
- 24-bit / 96kHz audio resolution
- Headphone output with dedicated level control
- MIDI input and output
- 125dBu EIN
- Signal/Noise ratio: 105dB
- DSP mixer for low-latency monitoring, with 4-band EQ and compressor
- 19” 1U rack metal chassis
- removable Bio-cell side panels to install the interface on a desktop with angle
- Rack ears included
The Tascam US-16X08 will be available in November for the US price of $299.99. More info at tascam.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Over 150 free software tools to make music Making music with your computer when you don't have a penny is possible. And to prove our point here you have 150+ free software tools many of which don't have anything to envy their paid counterparts.