[AES] New Tascam US-16X08 audio interface
Tascam is attending AES 2014 where they are introducing various new products, including the US-16X08 USB audio interface.
The Tascam US-16X08 is a rackable USB 2.0 audio interface that can be used with Mac and PC computers and is also compliant for use with Apple iOS devices. It offers 16 inputs, including 8 mic preamps, 8 outputs and features a DSP mixer with dedicated software. The particularity of the US-16X08 is that it can be used as a standalone microphone preamplifier.
- 8 HDDA mic preamps with 56dB of gain
- 8x 1/4” line level inputs, two of which can be switched to instrument inputs
- 8 balanced line outputs, two of them with front level control
- 24-bit / 96kHz audio resolution
- Headphone output with dedicated level control
- MIDI input and output
- 125dBu EIN
- Signal/Noise ratio: 105dB
- DSP mixer for low-latency monitoring, with 4-band EQ and compressor
- 19” 1U rack metal chassis
- removable Bio-cell side panels to install the interface on a desktop with angle
- Rack ears included
The Tascam US-16X08 will be available in November for the US price of $299.99. More info at tascam.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- 2 new MeldaProduction plug-ins MeldaProduction released updated v8.06 for all its plug-ins along with two new creations, including a free utility.
- Pianoteq updated to version 5.1 Modartt release the first update for the fifth version of its Pianoteq software, with a reworked version of its KiViR collection.
- Arturia and Bitwig launch the Producer Packs Arturia partnered with Bitwig to design home studio packs featuring a MIDI keyboard controller and a software bundle.