Following the Pro-L limiter, Pro-Q equalizer and Pro-C compressor plug-ins, FabFilter has now introduced FabFilter Pro-G: a gate/expander plug-in with side chain routing options.
Equipped with linear-phase oversampling, mid/side processing and metering, Pro-G can be added to the FabFilter tool kit.
FabFilter Pro-G offers five algorithms, including classic analog models and upward expansion, as well as specific designs for vocal and guitar processing. In combination with the adjustable threshold, ratio, range settings and attack, release, hold and look-ahead times, Pro-G will process your drum and vocal tracks. At the same time, Pro-G is also a tool to restore lost dynamics while mastering.
FabFilter Pro-G's real-time level display and accurate meters combine input, output and gain reduction levels.
A click on the Expert button will resize the interface to make space for additional external side-chain input and side-chain filtering controls. The expert panel contains wet/dry level and panning controls, and allows the side-chain path and linking to be set up in various ways. The interface adapts its size to reveal the expert controls when needed, making it possible to use FabFilter Pro-G as a straightforward gate, or as a creative expander.
- Five expander/gate algorithms: Classic, Clean, Vocal, Guitar and an upward expansion style.
- Program-dependent attack and release curves.
- Metering, including a real-time level display.
- Adjustable range, hold time and knee settings.
- Optional look-ahead time up to 10 ms.
- Expert mode that offers customizable side chain and level options, hidden in normal mode.
- Mono, stereo or mid/side processing.
- Up to four times linear-phase oversampling.
- Zero-latency operation mode.
- MIDI triggering: open the gate/expander with your MIDI keyboard.
- Stereo and mono plug-ins available.
- Easy to set up for common gating/expansion situations with the included factory presets.
- Stereo and mono versions available.
- FabFilter features: knobs and controllers, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an help file with interactive help hints, sample accurate automation, SSE optimization, and more.
Pricing & Availability:
FabFilter Pro-G is now available for €129 / $174 / £114, supporting both Windows and Mac OS X in VST and VST 3, Audio Units, RTAS and AudioSuite plug-in formats. Bundles with FabFilter Pro-G and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available. See www.fabfilter.com/shop.
Existing FabFilter customers can purchase Pro-G with discounts by logging in to their online user account: www.fabfilter.com/myaccount.
System requirements for FabFilter Pro-G are either Windows 7, Vista, XP, SSE-capable processor, and a VST 2 or VST 3 host or Pro Tools, or Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or higher, Intel or PowerPC processor, and an Audio Units host, VST 2 or VST 3 host, or Pro Tools.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Virtuasonic Sinori Live Virtuasonic has released Sinori Live, a sample library for Kontakt 4 based on a new musical instrument called Sinori.
- Antares Auto-Tune ATG-6 Antares Audio Technologies has announced details of their new ATG-6 Auto-Tune technology for guitar.
- FDELAY 1.1 The Rhythmizer goes 64-bit FDELAY is now available in a 64-bit version and offers a special discount for its first 200 customers.