Morpheus DropTune
chapfou chapfou
Publié le 08/19/10 à 09:52
Digital pitch shifter to drop your tuning up to 7 semitones + Octaver.

A mini-USB port allows the firmware updater. Everything seems solid and well designed.

Breeze. Everything has been said.

This pedal has been tested on a Vigier Excalibur Indus and an H & K Attax 80. Level its all depends on what you want to do. I think this pedal is primarily intended for players of death and / or neo-metal. With a good distortion pedal is truly faithful and has done its job.

on the other hand, if you play a clean sound and that you are particularly picky about the color of your sound I suggest you go your way because droptune colors the sound: it gives an impression of some loss of presence and dynamics. It shall not be construed in a mix but if we play the same chord at the same height from the effect of the bypass means quite clearly a difference.

edit: I have identified defects worsen quite clearly on a tube amp (in this case a ENGL Fireball), including its saturated and I also found a small buzz that seems to come from the PSU . So I take off point for her because it loses quite clearly present. Damage.

So overall it's a great pedal but not miraculous. Be careful to use that you will do and what you expect (well, between us, we still rarely plays drop B when it is jazz or pop in English: p).

That said the quality / price is fair.

edit: A test on his equipment before buying. If you play with a guitar plugged into a nag of metal area you will not hear much difference. If you are fairly demanding level fidelity sound you may be disappointed. Myself playing mostly death, I admit I'm not sure sure to keep it even if it fills me having to pull up a viking on my Excalibur.