Hammond XK-1
Hammond XK-1
BassWalker BassWalker

«  Downright disappointing point of view of reliability ... »

Publié le 04/28/11 à 12:36
I do a little update from my previous opinion that was prepared under my old nickname BassWalk.

It is February 2008.
It is an instrument which I use only my small studio for my hobbies.

Second breakdown ... The master volume knob and sizzling cross the left lane ...

Result:
Nearly 200 € fee with close to 4 months of immobilization in VAS.
The repairman has nothing to do and has done everything possible.
A priori it is the parts that are difficult to supply so because the brand Hammond Suzuki.

Moreover, not only change the potentiometer defective ...
No way of finding a compatible market "standard." Genuine Parts mandatory ...
Remember also that it is not possible to change the potentiometer concerned ... That's the whole electronic card that requires us to replace!
Well done by the manufacturer. This probably allows him to win even a few pennies thanks to VAS.
Bravo.

Too bad that the reliability is not the appointment because his level is very good.

Will not fit in my Pro looking for a course, the sound BUT ALSO reliable and solid hardware.
For me who am also an amateur musician modest ... but passionate, it does not suit me.

I'm not a villain and overall I am happy and satisfied with the products I buy and I speak of it!
Today it is not possible with the XK-1. But do not blame me when it's mediocre, you also know the saying ...

That day, I had to go see the North ... Clavia home ...!
Too bad it will be for next time NordStage with 2 or 3!