[AES] Elysia Karacter 500
Elysia introduces the Karacter 500 coloring box at AES.
The karacter 500 is said to cover a complete spectrum including mastering-grade saturation, tube-inspired distortion and glorious destruction.
The official release and shipment of the first modules will happen on November 16th, and the price will be exactly the same as for Elysia's other 500 series modules. A rack version also will be offered in the foreseeable future, at the beginning of 2016.
Key features include:
- Discrete Class-A Topology: The input and output stages as well as the complete audio path are fully discrete designs running in constant class-A mode. The result: Signal coloration, high-end style.
- Mastering-Grade Saturation: In this mode, the karacter 500 generates gentle Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) with a soft characteristic curve, resulting in very musical symmetrical clipping.
- Tube-Inspired Distortion: In FET Shred mode, the behavior of the karacter 500 changes drastically. The sound instantly reminds of tube amplifiers, with a wide range of asymmetrical distortion.
- Glorious Destruction: Now, this is pushing the envelope. The Turbo Boost shifts the operating point of the distortion circuit in FET shred mode and generates even more asymmetrical wave forms.
- Color Filter: The Color control changes the harmonics-frequency relation with tons of interesting variations. Middle is flat; turn left for more dub and right for more shred.
- Integrated M/S Matrix: As an alternative to standard stereo operation you can process the mid and side signals, opening up completely new options for your work!
- Dual Mono/Stereo Link: For ultimate flexibility, the karacter 500 offers both true dual mono and linked stereo operation, while in M/S mode the channels can be linked or unlinked as well.
- Stepped Controllers: All potentiometers of the karacter 500 have 41 steps, which is a great help for recalling your previous sessions fast and precisely.
Visitors at the AES in New York City are welcome to visit Elysia in booth 458.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [AES] TASCAM to premiere DA-6400 Tascam presents its DA-6400 64-track Solid State Recorder with MADI and Dante I/O Option Cards.
- [AES] Chandler Limited RS124 Today, Chandler Limited launches the Abbey Road RS124 tube compressor, to begin shipping mid November 2015.
- Neumann launches KH 805 active studio subwoofer Neumann presents the KH 805, a new active subwoofer expanding the brand's range of studio monitoring products.