[Musikmesse] Roland Wireless Connect
Roland introduces Roland Wireless Connect, a new system that allows electronic musical instruments to communicate with the iPhone.
It consists of a wireless USB adapter and two new iOS apps.
With the Air Recorder app, audio can be recorded from a Roland synthesizer or V-Accordion into the iPhone. Songs can be played from the iPhone and sent to the instrument, where users can jam along and record the result back in Air Recorder.
V-Drums Friend Jam for iPhone is an iOS version of V-Drums Friend Jam, the social practice tool for drummers. While the Mac/Windows version of V-Drums Friend Jam requires a USB or MIDI connection from a V-Drums sound module to a computer, Roland Wireless Connect provides a direct connection from the module to the iPhone. The app allows V-Drums users to interact with each other while working on their drumming skills with play-along audio songs and practice evaluation features.
The hardware portion of Roland Wireless Connect is a wireless USB adapter WNA1100-RL (manufactured by NETGEAR and distributed by Roland) that plugs into the USB port on a Roland instrument. In order for the mobile device to communicate with compatible musical instruments, you need a wireless LAN access point with internet connection.
Compatible instruments (with firmware update) include:
- Synthesizers: JUNO-Di / JUNO-Gi / JUPITER-80 / JUPITER-50 / Lucina® AX-09
- V-Drums Sound Modules: TD-30 / TD-15 / TD-11
- V-Accordions: FR-7x / FR-3x / FR-1x
Roland Wireless Connect, Air Recorder, and V-Drums Friend Jam for iPhone will be available in late spring.
For more information, visit www.RolandConnect.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- J1000 Updates PQ33 J1000 has updated the free PQ33 equalizer effect plug-in for Windows to version 1.22.
- [Musikmesse] Livid Instruments OhmRGB Slim Livid Instruments announced the release of OhmRGB Slim, the lighter version of their OhmRGB controller.
- [Musikmesse] SeeLake AudioStation AudioStation is a Windows-based user-definable digital audio workstation.