J1000 Updates PQ33
J1000 has updated the free PQ33 equalizer effect plug-in for Windows to version 1.22.
PQ33 is a freeware VST equalizer based on RND Portico 5033 hardware unit with two additional pass filters. Other than that, it has the same layout of elements, similar frequency ranges for all filters, same gain operational levels and Q factors. It is intended for use during mixing and tracking, but it can also be used for simple mastering tasks.
- More efficient peak filters resulting in overall CPU reduction of 20%.
- Improved saturation stage.
PQ33 for Windows (VST) is available to download as freeware.
More information: J1000
Viewers of this article also read...
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?
- The top commercial audio editing software for 2018 Four years after our first poll on the topic, few things have changed in the world of audio editors, at least according to our French readers.