Akai Professional MPD24
Akai Professional MPD24

PAD Controller from Akai Professional belonging to the MPD series.

bobbiche bobbiche
Published on 12/06/09 at 14:02
<ul class="ul">

How long have you use it?

About 6-7 months.

<ul>

Have you tried many other models before buying it?

</ul>

I had the Korg padKONTROL.

<ul>

What thing do you like most and least?

</ul>

The pros: The knobs and faders really numerous and effective.
The button just below the faders to practice mute, solo ...
The transport keys.
The general appearance a bit mpc that seems solid (dailleurs the controller is quite heavy), and the great and understandable display.
Easy to set up or the supplied software or directly with the 4-5 keys and the wheel provided for that purpose.

The -: The pads that I find a bit less precise than those of padKONTROL (can be a matter of habit, because it's true that it's weird to spend my pad of padKONTROL those of MPD32 at first touch is different) but are still of good quality.
No on-off button ??? have to unplug the usb, not great in the long run I think.

With experience, you do again this choice? ...dropoff Window

</ul>

I went to the MPD32 because it has a large number of knobs / faders, a total of 16 physical and 48 assignable on a preset, which is very aprciable recording and also live. It meets all my expectations and I was never problem up here, so yes I would do this choice without hesitation.