Summit EQF-100
Summit EQF-100
Publié le 03/18/09 à 09:50
The Summit EQF-100 is a parametric EQ in the form of a piece of rackmountable outboard gear. It will take up two rack space units and has XLR connections in the back.

The general configuration of the EQF-100 is really straightforward and easy to follow. If you have used a parametric EQ before, you will have no problem figuring this unit out. Each EQ band has a knob to set the fixed frequency, a knob to set bandwidth and another knob for gain. It then has a couple of extra filters on the left, as well as switches to put each EQ band in out or. I don't have a manual for this, but it is easy enough to use that you shouldn't need one.

The sound quality of the Summit EQF-100 is top notch. Not only is it easy to zero in on the sound that you are after, but it does so with pristine clarity. Each band has smart fixed frequency slots and covers the whole spectrum of sound. I have used the EQF-100 with virtually every instrument that I usually record - drums, electric and acoustic guitars, bass guitar, and lead and back up vocals. I always get great results and I have always been pleased with the sound quality I get with the Summit EQF-100.

I've been using the Summit EQF-100 parametric EQ for about a year and it has become one of my favorite outboard EQs. While it is more convenient to EQ inside of the box in Pro Tools, this gives me a cleaner signal in my opinion. The EQF-100 isn't cheap by any means and is aimed toward professional studio and engineers, but it is a piece of gear that should last a lifetime and is one of the most reliable outboard EQs out there. I highly recommend the EQF-100 to professionals and amateurs alike.