Tube-Tech ME 1B
Softube has released Tube-Tech ME 1B, Tube-Tech's unique take on the Pultec MEQ-5 midrange equalizer.
Like the PE 1C Pultec equalizer, the Tube-Tech ME 1B is a passive, tube-based equalizer. It was designed to accompany the PE 1C equalizer, and provide control over the frequencies that the PE 1C cannot adjust. It's a tool to shape the mid-range of audio material, and together with the PE 1C it becomes an equalizer.
The focus of the PE 1C, "program equalizer", is the shelving filters and the mid-range boost. It cannot attenuate the mids, and you don't have the ability to get bell shaped filter curves in the lows and highs. The ME 1B solves all these drawbacks of the PE 1C by offering the user three bands of equalization: low frequency boost (200-1000Hz), sweepable cut (200-7000Hz) and a high frequency boost (1.5-5kHz).
- Pultec style mid-range equalizer.
- Tube-Tech sound, created with the designers at Lydkraft/Tube-Tech.
- Possible companion to the Tube-Tech PE 1C.
- Modeled output transformer.
- Analog behavior of frequencies, phase, distortion, etc.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Aphex Facebook & Twitter Contests Aphex has announced a pair of contests on Facebook and Twitter.
- Unity Audio Boulder The Boulder is Unity Audio's new 3-way active monitor, due to be available at the end of May.
- Reloop ADM-5 Reloop launches its new 2-way active monitors for the home studio, the ADM-5.